Thursday, March 02, 2006

What would Paula Radcliffe say...

Day two, and a chance to reflect on progress so far. The major obstacle has been my utter and enduring dislike of water. I find it immensely hard to drink the stuff unless I'm thirsty, which, considering that I've hardly touched a drop of alcohol for several days, and it's freezing here in Scotland at the moment, is not often. I think I managed a litre yesterday, but that was Volvic "Touch of Fruit", which contains sugar. Which probably negates most of the beneficial effects.

On a more positive note, the running is going well. Well, by well I mean that I ran again this morning. On the other hand, I feel rubbish. I have a cracking headache and a sore stomach. If only it were all part of the happy process of detoxification, but I haven't really given up anything toxifying. I'm still drinking coffee and tea, and last night, on returning home to find a scarily large electricity bill, I reneged on my commitment not to drink during the week and poured myself the only tipple I could lay my hands on, which was Vedrennes Crème de Cassis left by my sister at Christmas.

Everything else went according to plan, though. Paula would be proud.

1 comment:

LottieP said...

Why don't you get some sort of healthy cordial and mix it with water? Or slice up oranges and put the slices in your water bottle at work? That way at least you'll get some Vit C too.