Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Breakfast like a queen

There's a saying that goes: "Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper." Good advice, but sadly many of us don't have time to eat a great deal at breakfast, yet have oodles of time in the evening, exactly when one should be abstemious on the gorging-yourself-stupid front. I love breakfast though and, given the time, would happily eat a huge one (no double entendre intended). This blog entry is an excuse to describe in detail my perfect breakfast.
My perfect breakfast:
Champagne and a variety of freshly squeezed juices. Strong coffee with hot milk. American and English muffins (the latter toasted). President butter and strawberry conserve*. Stewed fruit with Greek yogurt and preserved ginger. Scrambled egg (strictly no milk) and chives. Crispy bacon, pancakes/French toast and maple syrup. Toasted cheese, ham and sunblush tomato ciabattas. Bacon, avocado and tomato baguettes.
And not a kipper in sight.
*Posh name for jam

2 comments:

LottieP said...

Fie! No kippers?

I am feeling hungry just reading this. I can't disagree with your choices, except I would add smoked haddock (cooked in milk) to the list.

They used to eat kedgeree for breakfast in the Raj, but much as I love it, I still can't quite get my head round eating anything vaguely fried for breakfast. Breakfast buffets at Asian hotels always have dim sum, congee (a truly awe-inspiring concoction of savoury porridge with lumps of meat), and fried noodles. It's all I can do to keep my toast down at the sight.

Claire said...

I was expecting you to add smoked salmon to the list!