Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Nutbush City Limits

I've previously found it quite useful to have a bag of nuts and raisins on my desk so I can snack on them during the day - and at the moments when what I really feel like is a big, fat fruit scone with butter and jam. However I scarf the nuts down in such huge quantities that I wonder whether it's not doing me more harm than good - I still feel hungry, just nut quite satisfied (sorry).

My other tactic at the moment is to fill a litre bottle with water from the cooler and try to drink it during the day. Sadly the main effect is to bring home to me how little I'm actually drinking - there seems to be a half full bottle sitting on my desk at all times.

The other questions that's vexing me is Days Off. I read somewhere that you should give your body a rest from exercise at least one day a week. I really have no idea whether or not this is true; all I know is that it can turn in to an excuse to take every other day off, as I know only too well.

No comments: