Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Twitter ye not

Out running in the woods once with my dad and sister, and surrounded by tweeting, chirruping, twittering and cheeping, my dad cocked his ear towards one particularly distinct "peep, peep, peep" noise. "That's a...that's a...hmm, I'm sure I know that one..." he said, as he struggled to remember the species of bird. The mystery feathered vertebrate was in fact my Timex 14:40 sports watch, set to bleep every minute. It can be hard to pick out its insistent peeping amid the cacophony of the woods and hedgerows. It's a hard taskmaster, my watch. Just as I've settled happily into the walk part of my run, off it goes, peeping away, reminding me that I'm not just there for a jolly jaunt in the countryside. A personal trainer at a fraction of the price.

No comments: