Friday, March 03, 2006

Fat bottomed girls*

I have a pact with a friend that on Mondays and Fridays, we meet outside my apartment building at 7am and walk down to the gym together. Without this obligation there is no way in hell I would have got out of bed this morning, but I'm glad I did - with her help on Monday and today, and one superhuman effort on Wednesday, I have been to the gym 3 times this week.

Going at 7am has so many benefits and only one disadvantage, ie that of getting out of bed too soon.

- I get the exercise out of the way, so there can be no excuses of the sort I make to myself about going after work

- I get to wash and blow dry my hair properly and arrive at work looking happy and healthy, unlike the days when shamefully I don't even wash my hair because I've just rolled out of bed and raced off for the bus

- I get to feel virtuous all day

On the other hand I just weighed myself and I'm heavier than I thought. I don't look as fat as I did before I started going to the gym a couple of years ago, so I'm hoping some of it's muscle; but there's no mistaking the cellulite - urgh! - and that comes with too much fat. I've got a long way to go, but at least I've made a start.

* "You make the rockin' world go round" - some mistake surely?

No comments: