Friday, March 10, 2006

Picnic at overhanging flab

I still haven't got round to weighing myself. I know that my weight matters less than how I feel about myself, but I did set out to lose weight and lose weight I shall.

Overall, my body is in quite good shape, but there's still a lot of post-pregnancy fat - nearly four years on - hanging around my mid-section. In fact, it's in such contrast to the rest of my body that one of the canteen staff at work asked me when the baby was due. It does worry me that even if I tone up that area I'll still be left with a sort of overhang above my section scar that only surgery will fix. How vain, you might well think, but I am quite self-conscious about it and it's not the sort of thing you can hide by breathing in. It has occurred to me that they could have done a quick nip and tuck when they took my twins out.

Maybe one day, perhaps when I'm in my sixties, I'll have the money for an op. Until then, it's the best panty girdles my local haberdasher has to offer.

1 comment:

LottieP said...

This entry wins the prize for best heading yet!