Monday, April 17, 2006

Zip it up and start again

Today me and Fatfighter3 (who despite her conspicuous absence from this blog, does exist and is thinner than she thinks she is) spent the day in Lane Crawford trying on unspeakably expensive dresses by the likes of Elie Saab (the most expensive of which was HK$50K, or £3.5K). It was extremely enjoyable despite the fact that neither of us could get the zips up (O, Mr Rodriguez, why do you make your dresses so small?) and I came home inspired - inspired, that is, to never eat again so I can get the zip up next time.

This evening we watched What Not to Wear where they talked to two post-menopausal women whose self-esteem had gone down the tubes but whose bodies were not that bad (I was strongly reminded of my Mum who could use someone like Trinny and Susannah taking her in hand). It made me realise how fragile this self-esteem thing is. Under the harsh lights of Lane Crawford I felt huge and overblown, but if I felt good about myself under a different light, I would feel good no matter what I looked like.

Back on the diet tomorrow, then.

No comments: