Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's all gone elephant's thong

Okay, Fatfighter1, you've made your point! The reason I've not posted much for a while is that it's hard to post enthusiastically when even one's exercise regime has gone the same way as one's diet went some weeks ago. Took running stuff to BG - didn't run once. That's when it all went to pot.

However, I spent the weekend on an introduction to trail riding course at Glentress and must have worked off a couple of thousand calories...possibly, just possibly, more than I consumed. That really is the holy grail of losing weight. So, having loved the course and become a bit of a downhill demon, I plan to go back every free weekend I can. O joy! A move to Peebles might be in the offing...

Meanwhile, back in the kitchen, I've more or less made up my mind (just what does that "less" mean?) to get some decent scales and start counting calories. A guy on the course at the weekend does that; how I admired his fortitude when at lunchtime, after a morning of heavy-duty cycling, he pulled a bag of salad out of his backpack and ate that, while the rest of us munched on our deeeeeeelicious sandwiches.

No comments: