Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The shopping cart is a lonely hunter

I freely admit to having struggled in the last few weeks, and to having recklessly broken every rule I set myself (some more than once). I've even gone out of my way to flout the rules by eating things I would never normally eat.

Exhibit A, the chocolate "Nobbles" from my hotel room mini-bar.
Exhibit B, a whole packet of white chocolate Maltesers, AKA Undiluted Teeth-F***ing Sugar Rush, hastily gobbled in the lift on the way back to my flat from the 7-11, knowing I was also about to eat...
Exhibit C, a Haagen Dazs ice cream bar.
Plus countless Exhibit Ds in the form of canapes, crisps, alcohol and the like. I just couldn't stop myself. Why, I almost gloried in how wrong it all was.

Now I'm no longer "dieting", things can go back to normal and I can start eating healthily again. Phew!

No comments: