Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Saying goodbye to old friends...

Hello Fatfighters

Since joining you, I seem to have become engaged in a long goodbye - to pasta and cheese sauce (I make the best macaroni cheese I've ever tasted, really), to peanuts, to Haribo Goldbears, to TimTams.

Goldbears - yummy!

There are many left and I will be meeting The Curry, The Bottles of Magners, The SpagBol with Garlic Bread and The Hotel Biscuit at the weekend when I go to Belfast for a weekend of decadence and revelling.

I have reached where I am today through 20 years of dieting, and I am fatter than I have ever been. Turning 40 last September should have shaken me up, but it instilled in me a defiance that has lasted until now. I figured 20 years was long enough to be dieting without achieving anything except more fat. So I said to myself, "Diets don't work. All the cheery-coloured fat books say so. So stop dieting." I sold all my fat books on ebay and cancelled my subscription to WeightWatchers online.

At 17 stone 9lbs (247lbs), I am here to tell you that Not Dieting Doesn't Work Either.

So, where now? I guess that's what this blog is about. We shall see...

2 comments:

LottieP said...

Welcome, Fatfighter4! We are here to help, while struggling with our own demons in whatever form they take - mine? The Cheesecake Demon and the Bag of Crisps Demon - both evil incarnate. Though I do also like the sound (no, I loathe it, I loathe it!) of your macaroni cheese.

Claire said...

I can identify with The Hotel Biscuit. Sitting there so innocently beside its teabag and tiny UHT carton friends...