Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Calorie, call on me

Tra la la. I detest that song.

So, Monday 1 May was the day I got back on the dieting wagon. My new strategy is to have a limit of 2000 calories a day, which is the average recommended daily amount for women. That sounds rather generous, considering I'm supposed to be losing weight, not maintaining it, but it's contingent on my doing about an hour of exercise a day. So far so good.

A combination of M&S lo-cal meals and forgoing alcohol and yummy office treats has got me through the past two days without a hitch. Today, however, it being a lovely day I went for the takeout sandwich option. First fatal mistake: passing by the Scottish Slimmers cheese and onion sandwich with its calorie content clearly printed on the front in favour of a much more satisfying freshly-filled baguette. Second fatal mistake: going for the high fat chicken n coleslaw combo rather than the chicken n salad one. Oh dear. When I tried to calculate the calories later using my handy little book I just about gave up and made a - probably conservative - estimate of 800 calories. Almost half my daily allowance blown in one go. All because I was afraid of still feeling hungry after lunch. Time to train myself out of that way of thinking.

No comments: