Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Superstition ain't the way

I've got this silly superstition that if a diet is going well, the moment I tell anyone about how well it's going it begins to go awry (Incidentally, did anyone else used to think that was pronounced "aw-ree"? Just me then). So, throwing caution to the wind, I'm here to tell you that this diet is going exceedingly well. Basically, I write down everything I eat and its calorie content in a book I carry everywhere with me. A typical day might look like this:

M&S lo-cal cereal w/skimmed milk and seeds 400
Banana, apple and orange 220
Scottish Slimmers lo-cal sandwich (cheese & onion) 295
Lo-cal crisps and lo-fat yogurt 210
M&S lo-cal meal and broccoli 390
Two M&S lo-fat chocolate mousses 160
Drinks of various descriptions max 200

Total 1875

Well below the 2000 calorie limit. M&S features strongly here...perhaps I should do a blog entry dedicated entirely to the joys of M&S. I haven't weighed myself since starting this diet on 1 May. That would be tempting providence.

1 comment:

LottieP said...

Good for you, doing very well, though purists might comment that you should be digging up your own potatoes rather than eating ready meals.

I don't think weight per se is any guide. It's how you feel that counts.