Monday, March 12, 2007

Two weeks in...

...and I definitely have a flatter stomach - less bloating as a result of no bread, flour or pasta for two weeks. I modified the idiot-proof diet a bit - for example I drank wine and a bit of tea and coffee and ate fruit - and would, I'm sure, have seen better results if I'd stuck to it rigidly. In addition, I drank nowhere near as much water as was recommended. However, generally I feel a lot better. I've also become addicted to going to the gym; in fact, to exercise generally - not a bad thing to become addicted to, really. This weekend I went on two short but strenuous - i.e. uphill - walks with the Peas. In the past, I've been far too lazy to go anywhere further than the park with them. So not only did I get a bit of exercise where I normally wouldn't, we had a lot of fun together. Fatfighter 1, one of the walks was up Garleton hill - remember that? It was blowing a force 10 gale, and as we got to the top of the tower Joe refused to carry on, while Finn needed coaxed to get to the top, took one look over the edge and demanded to go down again. I must admit, I was shaking a bit afterwards! It brought back lots of memories of childhood walks, Martin Bielby and so on.

How is everyone else doing? I'm feeling a bit lonesome here.

No comments: