Thursday, February 22, 2007

Updates

No one has posted on Fatfighters for ages, so I hope this prompts others to post too! I've recently abandoned all pretence at being on a diet, although I've been exercising diligently, five or six days a week. Absence of Peas' dad to work offshore is somewhat inconvenient. I'm more likely to be found scrabbling under the sofa for lost toys, admiring someone's superhero outfit or trying to persuade a recalcitrant four year old that just because it doesn't have chocolate in it doesn't mean it tastes disgusting, than pounding the highways and byways of East Lothian in my running gear. I'm back on the booze too, though not to the same dangerous levels - and I mean dangerous - as before. Have stopped smoking too...would never say never in that regard, but it's been nearly four weeks since my last fag. Chewing away on nicotine gum seems to help ;-)
On Monday, I shall be starting Neris and India's idiot-proof diet. Fatfighter 4 has been on it for almost four weeks. I'll leave it to her to say how it's going. However, it's making increasing sense to me to cut out or limit carbohydrates. The book suggests doing the most restricted phase - phase 1 - for two weeks, unless you have more than a stone to lose. I probably do, but I'm happy to move on to phase 2 after a fortnight and take my chances, especially as most of my extra weight is around my middle, i.e. quite a lot of me is fairly lean. Well, perhaps not lean, but not too flabby. I've also decided to forsake the scales in favour of the measuring tape. I still don't know how much I weigh, but would guess it's in the region of 11 and a half stone, or 161 kilos.
Will post on progress in about two weeks' time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello FF2
I have a momentum theory of weight losss that goes something like this. sometimes you can be really "good" for ages, exercise regularly and eat really healthy stuff only for your weight to stay exactly the same. Disappointed, I then normally throw the towel in and return to form (booze, irregular meals, erratic exercise) but then miraculously loose weight. Reason being your body is just gearing up in your "healthy" phase and so you see the benefits when you're back living it up. This gives you the odd (and unfortunately rewarding) paradox of a hedonistic lifestyle and weight loss!
Guess I'm just saying hang on in there - it's small steps, consistently done that make the difference in the long run - or in my case recurrent food poisoning. I'd recommend the former on balance!

LottieP said...

FF2, I should hope you're not really 161 kilos - you must mean pounds?