Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hampered

Christmas is over and things can start to return to normal on the food front - once I get all those chocolates and biscuits etc etc out of the way. I gave a hamper to all my senior staff this year and was persuaded to order one for myself, so I have been looking with a sinking feeling at the remnants of it: chocolate covered cinnamon biscuits, lurid green "lollies" (the Australian word for boiled sweets), vanilla wafers, almond slices, a bar of organic chocolate... I have this awful urge just to eat it all as fast as possible, to "get it out of the way", which I know is all wrong. I might as well just staple it all straight to my hips.

1 comment:

Claire said...

The answer is simple: pack it all up in a box, sellotape it, then put it in your case for your next trip to the UK. I know two small vacuum cleaners who will hoover it up for you x