Saturday, July 08, 2006

So sick

I've been ill, and as the soon-to-be Fatfighter5 says, there's nothing like a good old illness to make the weight drop off. But it's also profoundly dispiriting not having any appetite. Perhaps this might be the key: if you only eat when you really need to, then maybe that will work. The problem is that generally speaking I've lost my sense of when I really need to eat. Only when I'm ill does any of this really fall into place: I am currently eating as much as I can given that I'm not hungry at all, and so I stop even before I'm full because I have nothing invested in eating more than I need.

Who amongst us hasn't rather guiltily envied the anorexic for their self-control? Let's have some thoughts from the other Fatfighters who have been eerily silent of late.

2 comments:

Claire said...

An article about the emergence of "pro-ana" websites http://www.sundayherald.com/56600, which promote anorexia as a lifestyle choice and include tips on how to avoid your disease (although they wouldn't call it that) being spotted by others and "thinspo", or thinspiration. A contributor to one of the sites lists her interests as "Ana, Kate Moss, fashion, music, partying, starving, bones, thinness, models and thinspo." Virtual shudder.

LottieP said...

Agree that banning these sites is pointless, but maybe we should all go on there and post some positive counter-arguments - after all Fatfighters is not about being wretchedly skinny (those pictures of Keira at the premiere were truly revolting).