Monday, November 13, 2006

Where have those 3kg gone?!

FF1 knows this already as I texted her in excitment on Friday evening.
Somehow, with no conscious effort and just a couple of manageable lifestyle changes I've managed to lose 3kg in about a month. Wahey! I'm following a combo of the french woman/newly single/much happier/very busy diet plan. The crucial elements seem to be:

1. eat fruit for breakfast. Swapping a pret almond croissant for a fruit salad saves about 400 calories a throw and actually makes you feel in gerenal much healthier.

2. don't down a bottle of wine in the evening with the partner you can no longer talk to. Saves approximately 1200 calories, and a lot of heartache.

3. make sure the sports you take up mean that you can't eat at the same time. I highly recommend outrigging - yesterday spent most of my time on a boat being so sea sick that I actually lost calories (yes, was throwing up over the side for most of the afternoon....)

4. Snog younger men. Makes you suck your stomach in. good for core stability or something...

So there you have it. Will write it up into a best selling diet pack toute de suite!

Happy dieting

x

3 comments:

LottieP said...

Excellent news indeed! Especially pour encourager les autres.

I reckon we should be writing a book based on our Fatfighters exploits - I vote for the dynamic title "Eat Less, Exercise More (It Really Is That Easy)".

(Guess who's just discovered how to use html tags in comments...)

Claire said...

I'm impressed, especially as I'm having trouble sticking to the French method. Having the kids at home every night, as I do at the moment, means I'm a bit more stressed, plus there's the usual selection of goodies lying around (meant for bribery and corruption purposes, but dangerously handy in the hour or two of weakness before I go to bed). You're right, though, as is Mireille Guiliano, that it's the little adjustments that make the most difference. Exercising every day, if you possibly can, and swapping one or two high-calorie snacks/drinks for something more healthy...those are the things that make the difference in the long term. Now, where are those mini Twixes....!

Claire said...

PS I agree about writing a book. To paraphrase that old Yorkshire saying, where there's fat there's brass. (Not that anyone would be doing it for the money, of course)