Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Jumbo Jetsetter

There's something about being cooped up in a metal tube at 40, 000 feet that takes all normal restraint away, don't you think?

I'm recently back from a business trip and it's frankly all gone to pot. I expected that being back home for 4 days would can any diet/exercise plans and so was not too fussed about this. What I wasn't prepared for was getting back home on Saturday to find that my flat had been occupied whilst I was away.

Reader, I freaked. I found a note on my table from someone I didn't know, thanking me for the loan. My stuff had been moved around, wine drunk and flat generally used. I did the only thing I could think of, and phoned all the friends I knew. Before long, one was round with a restorative bottle of wine....

Now, turns out, through piecing together various bits of info, that what had happened here was the ex (see previous post) had had a friend in town who needed somewhere to stay, and was sure that he'd let me know about it (despite no email received, much less replied to by me). Although contrite about this I'm not sure what to believe. Anyway - back to the dieting stuff, problem was that next day I had to be at the same social as him, and in order to avoid having a stand up scene, decided to get gently pissed and avoid him. Simple, immature yet surprisingly effective. But, as we all know, a calorific disaster of immense proportions......

So now, it's back to the Allen Carr book, back to some sort of exercise regime, and back to trying to cut that horrible link between emotion and food.....

3 comments:

LottieP said...

Well, quite apart from anything else, "lending"your flat to someone else was completely out of order. I hope you gave him a good kicking for that.

Claire said...

I hope that your ignoring him was enough. Any updates on the matter? Did he give you your keys back for example?

Unknown said...

not to worry FF2 - door code has been changed and a stern rebuke administered. not just from me but also from all horrified friends who had to support me at the time. however, unfortunately he will be going back into the flat this weekend to finally move his stuff out (apparently his moving was done to make my life easier - you could have fooled me) but i shall be away sunning myself with FF1 so won't have to deal with the instrusion til I get back